About Me

My photo
♥ Think positive! Think positive! Think positive! I can overcome anything! :)

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Movie: Won't Back Down


So, on October 5th, 2012, I went to watch the movie, Won't Back Down, by myself (well, there was one more person in there with me). According to IMDB.com, the movie is about "[two] determined mothers­, one a teacher, look to transform their children's failing inner city school. Facing a powerful and entrenched bureaucracy, they risk everything to make a difference in the education and future of their children."

The movie started out with one of my biggest pet peeves within the American education system, a teacher who has lost her passion for teaching just because she was tenured, a teacher who reeks of apathy. Not only that, she made exceptionally more money than the other teachers within her school, those who were passionate and those who do a better job educating than she does.

Other than that, there were moments throughout the film where I got emotional and teared up.

Overall, I do wish the movie was a little better developed. It did a great job of presenting the flaws in our education system nowadays, but the message it portrays is that if we want to change our system for the better, it is going to be easier said than done. It takes the actions of not only the parents, but the school/teachers, and the community as well. But in the end, it could be done.

Let us hope for a better future for our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment