About Me

My photo
♥ Think positive! Think positive! Think positive! I can overcome anything! :)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Book: The BIG Picture

So I just finished the book, The BIG Picture: Education is Everyone's Business by Dennis Littky, and this independent school under the label of the public school system has an amazing education motto.

  • I loved the concept of the Advisor. The Advisor is in charge of getting to know each student as individuals and develop a curriculum that fits them best.  
  • The integration of internships into the curriculum and having the students practice real life skills in the real world.
  • The practice of having exhibitions, portfolios, and narratives over exams that enforce memorization and regurgitation.
My sister currently works at a BIG Picture school in San Diego. I've requested to observe some Advisors in the school sometime this month. I'm really hoping to get a teaching position there for the upcoming 2012-2013 school year. I have a lot of projects and curriculum I'm passionate about creating and initiating.

No comments:

Post a Comment