About Me

My photo
♥ Think positive! Think positive! Think positive! I can overcome anything! :)

Sunday, May 20, 2012

WIN Program: ID Badge & Facility Tour

Finally in the midst of becoming a literacy instructor (at the facility, the term is "instructor" and not "tutor") at the Theo Lacy Prison in Orange, CA -- a maximum security prison.

On Thursday, May 17th, I got my ID badge taken at the Central County Jail in Santa Ana, and then headed over to Theo Lacy afterward to tour the facility.


The staff members at the facility kept asking whether I was sure I wanted to be an instructor there. Apparently, I was their first tutor in about six years. They've had potential instructors (some teachers, some college professors, etc) come in for the tour with interest in becoming literacy instructors for inmates, but they always end up backing out after having the tour.


I met my learner and will be ready for my first day of tutoring on Tuesday, May 22nd.

Wish me luck!


NO HOSTAGE POLICY:
The Orange County Sheriff's Department has a strict "No Hostage" policy, which means that no inmate will be allowed to leave the jail facility because of taking a hostage. Force may be necessary to rescue hostages. This policy will be applied in all cases without regard to sex, age, or status of any hostage.

Theo Lacy Facility website

No comments:

Post a Comment